Work with the select practices and industries assigned to develop strategic business plans and support the execution of those plans as well as the proposals and other business development activities of the groups.
- Conduct the necessary industry, practice and topical research to support the development of strategic business development plans. This would include serving as an internal consultant to devise the most effective strategies and tactics for executing the established goals and effectively working with other members of the business development department.to execute
- Assist the teams in the preparation of proposals and other direct business development efforts
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of relevant target markets, the legal industry trends and competitors, and a global perspective on general business, economic, political and cultural trends that may impact the business strategies
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships based on outstanding client service to the internal teams and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of assigned groups and ability to provide clear direction to new business teams
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Six plus years of strategic professional services marketing experience, with at least Four years of developing strategic plans for professional services or B2B organizations
- Proposal development experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with social media as well as content and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Can move between strategic thinking and execution with attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrate effectiveness with engaging, keeping informed and advising those being served
- Routinely demonstrate a thorough understanding of the marketplace and industry trends
- Strong presentations skills
- Ability to:
- Develop valued relationships with senior-level client management, based upon trust and knowledge of appropriate marketing and promotional principles and insights
- Anticipate and support the development of the required marketing communications materials and other tactical tools, including sound understanding of current marketing practices involving social media, highly targeted and high-visibility tactics
- Manage challenging situations and recommend effective solutions to problems
- Think in terms of business management, including demonstrating cost effective ways to increase productivity, manage expenses, etc.
- Work efficiently to manage multiple demands and sometimes shifting/conflicting priorities by applying organizational and time management skills, teaming and effective delegation
- Military experience a plus
Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.